Views on International Relations. The blog focuses majorly on global news & views from afar on matters concerning world peace.
Courtesy: Photo by Artem Bali from Pexels
Misadventure at Sea - South China Sea
China now claims ‘indisputable sovereignty’ over the entire South China Sea, or almost 90% of it. As per international maritime laws , a country can claim a maximum of 12 nautical miles of Sea from its shores as its own territorial waters. The sea way is used for transportation of critical resources by many nations, including China & America.
Please read on: Misadventure at sea – South China Sea
India China Border - McMahon Line & the war on the Himalayas
If McMahon line is not accepted by China as final boundary at the India China Border, then both sides of the line i.e. Arunachal Pradesh of India & Tibet in China becomes disputed. China says Arunachal Pradesh is disputed but Tibet is China’s. – The Saying ” What is mine is mine, what is others is disputed” …..
Not that China direly needs some land from India. They have a far bigger landmass than India.
Weapons of Mass Destruction
Any remembrance of where we heard this term in recent years ?
In Iraq it was a stock of Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) that was never found, that was the reason for the 2nd US Iraq war. One would believe all Nuclear weapons qualify as WMD’s and a lot many nations have them today.
What is a WMD ? Any weapon that can cause mass destruction, nuclear or chemical or biological or anything. Particularly those that also cause damage to the environment.
Stay tunes for a new article on this, coming week !
Trump Cancels North Korea Summit, then attends it.
Not many days ago some were suggesting that US President Donald Trump should get a Nobel Prize for Peace. But was the talking rightly done, in the lead up to a critical meeting like this. If North Korea had agreed to Dialogue what was the issue. And they finally attended.
US attempts to force India to cut Defence contracts with Russia
As is beautifully written in this Article by Writer & Geostrategist, Brahma Chellaney, America is attempting to extend its jurisdiction beyond its borders by imposing unilateral sanctions on other sovereign nations, that clearly violate UN Laws. Its a must read for Geopolitics enthusiasts.
US announces India will be exempt from Iran oil sanctions
New York, (IANS) US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo announced on November 5 that Washington was exempting India from the sanctions on importing oil from Iran. ..... SOURCE: India Tribune. 6 October 2018
And this is the news today ! Geo-strategist Brahma Chellaney had forecasted so rightly ( in the Article link above ), about this development.
Refugees & Undocumented Migrants
When a nation or its leaders speak about treating refugees with an iron hand or effectively closing the doors to asylum seekers, its important to look out for the causes of such refugee crisis (more than 5 million displaced from Syria alone). The Syrian refugee crisis happened at a time when there were bombings done in the name of liberating their country from an allegedly bad dictator. Very similar for Libya.
So whether or not their dictators/leaders were bad, its obvious they would never be bombing their own nation.
So who did such incredible damage ?
” For no one was born a refugee or a land owner. Their circumstances & Mother Nature gave them all they have “
– Writer, WorldAfar.com
When the Koreas Meet.
The world hopes they make peace , if not with America then without.
Source: Video from AP. Above picture from RT.
Korea: What’s Trump Got to Do With It?
So what’s the issue between them that they are looking for peace. While North Korea has been holding their own reins for long , they believe south has not. Its true that South Korea has American military bases on their soil. The North views it as foreign intrusion on its closest vicinity.
North Korea isn’t wrong cause if Russia had installed military infrastructure in the direct neighbourhood of US, say Mexico, imagine what would have been the reaction.
Curated News Posts: Global Affairs
- Why France is engulfed by worst urban riots in a decade | world news | Hindustan Times December 2, 2018
- Trump suggests ‘vicious world’ should be blamed for Khashoggi murder while disputing Saudi responsibility | The Independent November 25, 2018
- ‘Saudi royal says crown prince is here to stay’ | The Daily Star November 25, 2018
- Europe must show strength to avoid global chaos, says Macron | World news | The Guardian November 18, 2018
- Pence, Xi trade barbs in speeches at Pacific summit – Livemint November 18, 2018
- Why the hell is the US helping Saudi Arabia bomb Yemen? A brief guide. – Vox November 10, 2018
- US stops refuelling of Saudi-led coalition aircraft in Yemen war | World news | The Guardian November 10, 2018
- US announces India will be exempt from Iran oil sanctions | INDIA TRIBUNE November 7, 2018
- US Allows Eight Countries, Including India, to Keep Buying Iran Oil After Sanctions November 3, 2018
- Oman helping bring Palestine, Israel together: Alawi – Times Of Oman October 28, 2018
- Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Makes “Historic” Secret Visit To Oman October 28, 2018
- Saudi Arabia admits Khashoggi killed but claims he died in ‘fistfight’ – Tehran Times October 21, 2018
- Brexit crash: World could be plunged into new financial crisis | Latest Brexit news and top stories – The New European October 13, 2018
- ‘Winter is coming’: Indonesia warns world finance leaders over trade war | Reuters October 13, 2018
- India, Russia ink $5 billion S-400 defence deal; US says no sanctions on ally | india news | Hindustan Times October 6, 2018
- Putin in India: US warns India of sanctions ahead of defence deal with Russia October 6, 2018
- Exploring alternative oil supplies so ‘our friend’ India isn’t affected: US official on Iran sanctions | india news | Hindustan Times September 29, 2018
- Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar flags off bus service between India and Nepal September 29, 2018
- After Salzburg, Theresa May’s Brexit plans are in shreds – a Norway or Canada model is a long shot, but her only option | The Independent September 22, 2018
- Brexit: May humiliated by Salzburg ambush as she fights to save Chequers | Politics | The Guardian September 22, 2018
- EU, UK ′like two hedgehogs who love each other,′ says EU leader Juncker | News | DW | 21.09.2018 September 22, 2018
- Opinion | India must not surrender its foreign, defence policy to United States – Moneycontrol.com September 5, 2018
- Malaysia′s Mahathir dumps Chinese projects amid ′new colonialism′ fear | Asia| An in-depth look at news from across the continent | DW | 21.08.2018 September 3, 2018
- Xi Jinping offers $60 bn Africa aid, says ‘no strings attached’ – The Hindu September 3, 2018
- South Africa: Trump’s unwelcome attention | Article | ING Think August 25, 2018
The COPYRIGHT for the website articles written by the site owner, as well as the site concept & presentation, belongs to the site owner. Page template is standard template. This is majorly a content curation site, all sources clearly stated. (2019)